Hemispheres Amusements - Great Buying Experience

5.0

I reached out multiple times for information, exchanged emails about cost, shipping and delivery (many emails, because I was a first time buyer and nervous to spend the money), and Kurt and Mark answered each one quickly and professionally. My Golden Tee cabinet was delivered as quickly as possible during the holiday season, and Mark gave me regular updates as to its’ status. Great experience, would buy from them again.

Hemispheres Amusements in Hampshire, Illinois - Great Job!!

215 Industrial Dr suite a, Hampshire, IL 60140, USA
5.0

I bought a Kiss LE from Kurt. He had it in my house 4 days after I ordered it.

He gave me a great price, awesome delivery, service and discounts. He set it up and left. After I stared playing it here were issues. I called him up and he came out at 7:30 on a Friday night and was at my house for 2 hours fixing it.

I thanked him profusely and he said "when you own a business that's what you do" and "it has to get dealt with why put it off". I feel like I bought more than a pinball machine I bought Kurt and his awesome attitude and service.

I can't praise him enough and would not hesitate to do business with him again. This is the kind of person you want to do business with because he has a great work ethic and cares about his customers.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

I liked: Customer service.

HEMISPHERES AMUSEMENTS STAY AWAY

215 Industrial Dr suite a, Hampshire, IL 60140, USA
1.2

I pay almost $9,000.00 to Hemipheres Amusements, located at 215 Industrial Dr. Ste A Hampshire, IL 60140 (630) 792-8910.

KURT@Hemipheres Amusements shipped the 2017 Aerosmith Limited Edition Pinball game via SAIA Freight. When the delivery reach arrived the game was inside of a truck UNSECURED(not tied down) AND the shipping carton HAD A SOFTBALL SIZE HOLE IN THE CARTON. The Delivery Driver recorded the damage and the delivery was refused. Kurt@Hemipheres Amusements was notified and a request was given to have the Pinball inspected at the freight terminal or a replacement game re-shipped.

KURT @Hemispheres Amusements was extremely against shipping a replacement as was attempting to "BULLY" use via email and phone calls just to accept the shipment AS DAMAGED. I made known to KURT that there was no way to determine any concealed damage and KURT IGNORED MY CONCERNS. When a Client purchases a "High-Value" item he/she expects "White Glove Service" as this purchase should culminate in a time of happiness and excitement by KURT@HEMISHPERES AMUSEMENTS RUINED THIS EXPERIENCE AND STATED IN HIS EMAIL TO US TO STOP ABUSING HIM???? wth?

WHEN DOES A SELLER IN RECEIPT OF ALMOST $9,000.00 BECOME A VICTIM??? A Paying Client solely Asking for an undamaged shipment and or having an inspection completed IS NOT BEING ABUSIVE.

I'D STAY AWAY FROM HEMISPHERES AMUSEMENTS AS THEY CANNOT ENSURE THAT YOUR HIGH DOLLAR PURCHASE IS NOT IMPORTANT TO THEM AS THEY ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY. www.hemispheresamusements.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Hemispheres Amusements Shipping Service.

I didn't like: Extremely poor customer service, Owner attitude towards customer, Companys inability to handle freight damage, Companys inability to send replacement for damaged goods, Poor dealer representation of the stern pinball company.

• Stern Pinball
  • Sais
  • Saia Freight

Comments

HA, I remember you. Our ONLY customer in the history of our business who simply could not follow procedure and read the docs HE SIGNED and how LTL freight works.

Again, there never is nor will there never be a claim on TORN CARDBOARD. This game was returned 100% damage free and in perfect condition. Sorry you were simply not able to follow THE BIG RED CAPITOL LETTERS ON HOW TO HANDLE THIS IF IT HAPPENS on the invoice you signed. You just decided to make your own rules on how this should be handled as you went.

Guess what, it don't work that way. There is what is called protocol when dealing with ANYTHING in life, any yes...that includes LTL freight. Something you clearly don't understand. We request you please shop elsewhere.

We are thriving and doing record numbers. We have plenty of customer who understand how this works because they READ AND LISTEN! It's not hard. Try it sometime...

Anyone reading this, do yourself a favor and read our google reviews. Thanks,

to Hemispheres Amusements #1622909

And BTW...SOFTBALL SIZED???? Seriously?

Look at your OWN PICTURE you posted. The SMALL tear is ALL the damage there was. The Phoenix terminal cut it open as shown in the pic to inspect and verified there was no damage. That is why there are clean knife cuts.

Look in the flap that is cut people. That small tear was his original complaint. He simply could or would not do what the terminal did when it went back that night to his terminal. Simply cut it open a little and LOOK.

Terminal asked me what would we wanted them to do. I said sent it back.

I want our game back, he is getting a refund I am DONE with this guy. Yes, the guy below was spot on!

Gillett, Wisconsin, United States #1343656

Shoulda bought that KISS machine instead.

You seem to be the only one with anything negative to say about this company or the owner. Looking to maybe purchase my first pinball and from what I've read, I would have absolutely no problem with Hemispheres Amusements.

Been all over looking at reviews on Google, forums, etc. and all seem to be great, glowing reviews. Seems the owner goes out of his way to make the experience of buying seamless.

Judging by the many, MANY positive reviews, and what seems to be your cranky nature, I'd bet you were a nearly impossible customer to deal with. In 30+ years in business, I've had my share of customers like you as well.

Was able to dig up some fun stuff on other sites and forums, and you really do sound like a gigantic pain in the ***:

to Anon #1622903

Awesome, you saved us from doing it. I was going to post the links.

Haha...this was hilarious. PLUS I sold 4 games just from his complaint thread alone. That was the cats meow. We had a lot of backing from the pinball community (THANK YOU BTW) as they know us.

We have been around almost 30 years and the community knows us and how we do business. We are VERY straight shooters.

This guy was just a joke... but it all worked out in the end and his one return netted us 3 sales...lol so it was a win win for us...

Dallas, Texas, United States #1331668

Why didn't they just ship a replacement to you? Its a Freight Damage and the shipment will be more than likely sold as salvage once the Freight Company pays the claim.

This is unacceptable in my opinion. Very poor service for such a large expensive purchase.

to Anonymous #1622899

Because there was ZERO damage yet he refused the item. Once sent back if there is NO DAMAGE there can be NO CLAIM.

It's quite simple. He just had no clue how to follow simple directions. This happens quite often actually and games are packed VERY well. It's rare there is actual damage.

Torn cardboard can not be claimed on insurance and once the item is returned there is freight back yet again and he clearly would not have paid that. This is not like ordering a sweater on Amazon. It is freight, not a "pacgage" We just decided to refund the consumer his money one we knew the game was on the way back. You don't know the half of what this guy put us through from day one.

We agreed to finance, late payments the whole 9 yards. Once in a while you have to fire a customer and he was clearly one of them. Very rare, but every once in a while you get the impossible. That was this guy.

I was so relieved when the game was coming back as I knew we were done with him! UGH....

Most people are great. This guy....no...not at all....

View more comments